Join us and be part of a dynamic, growing company where you can build your skills, grow your career, and make a real impact!
About the role
Data Scientist play a crucial role in guiding decisions related to the commercial customer journey and their impact on business processes. This role provides valuable insights, enhance data analytics, test different hypotheses, and lead projects aimed at improving the efficiency of an organization.
What are you going to do?
- Serve as the advocate for customer and data insights within the organization, promoting the broader usage of findings.
- Utilize advanced techniques like machine learning to analyse, predict, and provide insights into customer behaviour in the commercial sector.
- Create and maintain churn models and recommendation systems.
- Predict, experiment, and do statistical hypothesis testing such as A/B testing.
- Enhance understanding of necessary data and data sources in the field of customer analytics.
- Investigate and propose the usage of new data sources.
- Work with both structured and unstructured data, build datasets and generate reports for widespread organizational use.
- Engage in projects, taking on leadership roles and collaborating with other units to enhance the efficiency of the organization.
What do we expect from you?
- Strong interest in the field of Data Science and Data Engineering.
- Passion for working with numbers and leveraging large amounts of data to make informed business decisions.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in an analytical, actuarial, or data science position.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, or IT.
- Proficiency in SQL, data visualization tools, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, and Python.
- Fluent in English, with the ability to understand one of the Baltic languages.
Nice to have
- Work experience in an Agile environment.
- Project management capabilities.
- Change management practices.
- Exceptional communication skills, with a passion for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions in an international setting.
Our promise to you
- Monthly salary: €2900 – 4200* gross depending on qualifications and experience. Additionally, there is an annual bonus. (*Please note that the specific amount may vary due to different employment taxation in Baltic countries.)
- Additional financial benefits: We offer various financial benefits, including discounts on our products for both you and your family. Furthermore, we provide a €350 compensation for establishing an ergonomic home office and special gifts for birthdays, among other perks.
- Job location: The position is available in Vilnius, Riga, and Tallinn, and it follows a hybrid working model.
- Stimulating and exciting projects with the freedom to independently plan your tasks.
- Access to personal development and training opportunities.
- Experience a strong company culture, including company events, captivating speakers, and other inspiring initiatives.
- Prioritize your wellbeing with health insurance, availability of fresh fruits in the office, free flu vaccinations, and more.
Explore further details about our employee benefits program
"Data Unit plays pivotal role increasing digitalisation and customer experience at If. We are committed to driving If forward as the leading data-driven insurance company in the Baltics.
I invite you to become part of our team as we embark on this exciting mission together!"
If P&C Insurance is the leading Nordic & Baltic non-life insurance provider serving almost 4 million customers in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. If is a truly cross-border company guided by one If strategy which enables interesting and diverse international career opportunities. If purpose is to give people confidence today to shape their tomorrow. This is the reason why more than 1000 people with countless personal backgrounds, drivers and dreams pass through If Baltic doors every day. You can become one of them!