Home insurance

Construction insurance

What is the difference between construction insurance and property insurance? The issue is this: property insurance does not cover losses caused by construction processes. Additional construction insurance will cover losses that are the result of such operations.
This is a good idea if your home is undergoing capital renovations. A construction insurance policy is purchased for the entire duration of the renovations.

The construction insurance covers:

  • The part of the property that has already been constructed
  • The work done at the object and the materials that are used
  • The work and materials that are to be used in the process in future

If the construction work is being done by a construction company, make sure that it has insurance and ask for information about what the relevant policy covers. There are some companies which insure their work, but not the building materials. If the construction company has a liability insurance policy during the period of construction, you must find out whether it covers losses caused to the client (you), or perhaps only to third parties such as neighbours or passers-by.

If you are renovating your home on your own, you should have construction insurance anyway, because losses during such processes are nothing uncommon, and they can be substantially greater than the possible losses in a home that is ready and available for immediate occupancy.

Call Center

8333 or
+371 67 094 777 (from abroad)

Working days 9:00-18:00

Uzziniet vairāk

Darbs If




If Centrālais birojs - Rīga, Republikas laukums 2A, LV 1010, skatīt karti

Darba laiks: darba dienās 8:30 - 17:30​

Kontaktu centrs 8333:

- atlīdzību jautājumos 24 h (arī brīvdienās)

- klientu apkalpošana darba dienās 8:30 - 18:00​
Starptautisks zvans: +371 67 094 777